It has been a while since I have posted on here, but I have recently been reflecting on my life (which I feel is a healthy thing to do, to always take a moment and just reflect and give thanks and maybe see what areas to change or pray about) reflecting on how “love” has helped me to overcome many challenges and dissapointments and live each day smiling because of the love that surrounds me, and maybe even reflecting on the lack of love in some areas as well as looking at the world we all live in that could do with more love in it…These thoughts I just felt encouraged to type and share. I pray that this post is simply another encouragement to love always and to value the meaning of it.
My Thoughts: We live in a divided, judgemental, unsociable and unkind world, that is filled with suffering that could become so much nicer and loving if we all chose to “Love rather than Hate” Support and Encourage rather Neglect and Discourage”
We must never pick and choose how we love and treat each other in life…we must never look down at others, we must never love others less because we lack love ourselves or may be going through a hard time. Why? because you can never really know what other people are going through or what they are thinking or feeling.
Just because people smile on the outside it does not mean that they are always smiling on the inside. But your loving smile and words could lift a persons day just as much as your unloving, cold frown could drag a persons day down.
We need to know and understand the effect our actions will have on a person or where it may even lead them whether it be on the path of Joy or path of Suffering. Why? because our actions are PERMANENT. What we do and even what we don’t do cannot be erased, what is done is done. (harsh but true, so it is something to take note of right?)
We were not designed to pick and choose who to be kind to or who to love! But we are called to love and to be kind to EVERYONE, and not just those we are comfortable enough with to love. We must learn that no one deserves our love less, and that no one deserves to be treated any different than how we expect to be treated.
In order to have what the bible calls Agape love towards ourselves an done another, we must understand the meaning and value of it in order for the love to overflow onto others.
Listen: Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Love does not remember wrongs. Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits. Love is unconditional (1 Cor 13:4-8) Therefore do everything in love.(1 Cor 16:14) and Love others as well as you love yourself. (Mat 22:37-40) If all you do is love the loveable, do you expect a reward? as anybody can do that. (Mat 5:46) therefore Love each other as brothers and sisters, and don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realising it! (Heb 13:1-2) and always remember that whoever does not Love, does not know God, because God is LOVE.(1 John 4:8)
- Live each day being patient and kind to others. (no matter what)
- Do not be jealous of or proud towards anyone. (be happy for others)
- Do not be rude or selfish. (put others first)
- Do not allow yourself to become angry.(be calm)
- Do not hold onto wrongdoings. (let go)
- Do not give up on people. (forgive and trust in God to turn things around)
- Never stop trusting. (that God will work things out)
- Do not lose hope, and never give up..(on people or circumstances)
- Always let your love be unconditional.(not just when it suits you)
- Do everything out in love.(let your motives be pure)
- Always love others as you love yourself.(give each person the same love and respect as you expect others to treat you with)
- Do not just love those who are easy to love and are close to you but love even those who may wrong you.(anyone can love a person that loves them back, but it takes true faith and sacrifice to love those who don’t)
- Always welcome strangers with open arms rather than a closed door.(never turn away someone you don’t know or may not appeal to you)
- Pray to always have a heart that is filled with love.(do not conform to the world that is filled with hate, anger, judgement and suffering.)
- If something encourages you SHARE IT.
- If someone encourages you TELL THEM.
Be the light that you wish to see in the world.
Please reflect and pray to live each day with these values because the way we treat each other and those we come in contact with each day IT HAS TO BECOME BETTER for all of us and for those who are suffering…
Reflection: Knowing the true meaning of Love and that your actions are permanent, is there a time you would of treated someone differently? and moving forward how would you change the way you love and treat others?